A sampling of media reports of a "scientific consensus" on
- "...the general scientific consensus is that we are simply not doing enough. "
CNN, October 11, 2006.
- "...sums up the scientific consensus on how rapidly the
Earth is warming..." Arthur Max,
November 12, 2007.
consensus on global warming."
The Economist, May 15, 2008.
- "...despite a clear scientific consensus connecting the rise in
man-made greenhouse gas emissions to rapid warming in the Arctic..."
Time, May 2008.
- "No one with any scientific sense now disagrees about the
severity of the climate crisis." Alex Steffen,
Wired, June 2008.
- "These targets are consistent
with the international scientific consensus..." Douglas Holtz-Eakin,
Financial Times, September 15, 2008.
- " 'The debate on the authenticity of global warming and the role
played by human activity is largely nonexistent among those who
understand the nuances and scientific basis of long-term climate
processes,' said [Peter] Doran."
CNN, January 20, 2009.